By Werner H. Hauss, Robert W. Wissler (auth.)
Read Online or Download Clinical Implications of Recent Research Results in Arteriosclerosis PDF
Best clinical books
The fourth variation of Haddad and Winchester's scientific administration of Poisoning and Drug Overdose is the most up-tp-date, authoritative, and concise reference for info with regards to the medical administration of youngsters and adults whose future health has been effected or in all probability effected via poisonous brokers, together with medicinal drugs, environmental threats, and ordinary pollution.
This finished quantity, written through specialists within the box, emphasizes the latest advances at the Hepatitis C virus an infection (HCV) relocating from simple study to scientific program. even with the varied reports on HCV an infection, its pathogenesis and scientific therapy haven't been absolutely defined.
- The Direct Detection of Microorganisms in Clinical Samples
- Clinical Manual of Emergency Pediatrics 5th Edition
- Neuroimaging in Developmental Clinical Neuroscience
- Clinical Ophthalmic Oncology: Retinal Tumors
Extra info for Clinical Implications of Recent Research Results in Arteriosclerosis
Enrolled an unspecified number of patients with a suspected, but unconfirmed MI. Two of the trials showed a statistically significant difference for total mortality between the intervention and control groups (Table I, Figure 1). The Norwegian Multicenter Study Group recently published the results of a study reporting that timolol is of unequivocal benefit in survivors of a myocardial infarction. As in all trials with such profound results it is important that the findings are verified by independent review of key data.
In three of the studies, treatment with beta-blockers was initiated as soon as possible after hospital admission. Four of the remaining studies started intervention 2-28 days after the acute infarction. The trial by Baber and colleagues was limited to patients with anterior MI. Anderson et al. enrolled an unspecified number of patients with a suspected, but unconfirmed MI. Two of the trials showed a statistically significant difference for total mortality between the intervention and control groups (Table I, Figure 1).
5. : Prophylaxis of ventricular tachyarrhythmias with intravenous and oral tocaninide in patients with and recovering from acute myocardial infarction. Am. Heart J 100: 1006, 1980. 6. : A prospective randomized trial of tocainide in patients following myocardial infarction. Am. Heart J 100: 1017, 1980. 54 Review of Results 7. , Boyle, D. : Oral mexiletine in high-risk patients after myocardial infarction. Lancet 2: 1324,1980. 8. : Chronic antidysrhythmic treatment after myocardial infarction. Design of the Gent-Rotterdam Aprindine Study.